Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Suwadikup! Hello from Thailand--land of milk and honeys

OMG you wouldn't believe this place. Singapore was great, but I just love where I'm at right now--in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I flew up this morning--took about 3 hours--cost 85 bucks--cheap. Great flight on a new plane. ANyway, I met an Australian on the plane, and we just chatted the whole way about cool things to do here. He also got me into this great hotel. It's actually very traditional Thai--like a Mom and Pop bed and breakfast. Everything here is so cheap. The nice room overlooks a neat Thai garden, has a king size bed, AC, etc and cost 20 bucks a night. I just had a plate of pad-se-ew and a large coke, delish, for less than 2 bucks.
One of the cool things about this place is that they have so many things set up to do--trips, tours, etc. So, tonight I'm getting a full body massage, foot massage and 9 point facial massage treatment for 3 hours. Costs all of 30 bucks.

Tomorrow, I'm going out for a 3 day trip through the Thai countryside. Includes hiking, elephant rides, jumping off of waterfalls, rafting on bamboo rafts, visiting the tribe whose women wear those rings around their necks which totally stretches them, and lots more. It will be a blast. I will be incommunicado for a few days, though. So many things to do from here--and all nicely set up. It's just a small operation--probably 30-40 folks here. I'm sure they draw from other places around town as well.

Ted

1 comment:

JackieG said...

Dad-gum dude that's cheaper than living at home! At this rate you'll be hard pressed to go home!
Have a safe Safari! Can't wait to hear about it!.