Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dances With Elephants: A Bald Man's Trek thru Thailand

Alright guys, I'm going to really be out of pocket for a few days. As I said yesterday, I am going on a trip in the country for a few days. Seems like a lot of my trip has been around big cities. Japan was nothing but one massive city--but I liked it anyway. We'll be staying with the hill tribes up in far northern Thailand and doing tons of fun things. Will fill you in when I get back Saturday--sooner if it is possible.

Well, let me tell you--the spa treatment yesterday was totally awesome. That Thai honey bullied my poor body for 3 hours. Not just a massage, but a full foot massage therapy, a complete facial massage/detox, and a scalding hot, steam sponge bath. Oh, poor me! And no, I didn't get a...!" Cain't finish that one for you.

The king size bed was pretty hard last night, but I had no trouble sleeping as usual. Most small electronics are made to plug into 110 or 220v--and the sockets allow American plugs. So, I recharged my Ipod, camera battery and cell phone last night. Funny enough, even though they said that American cell phones don't work here, the phone rang last night. It was actually the office calling as I asked to extend my leave by a week. I apparently don't know how to call out, but people can call me. Don't though, because I won't be taking the phone on the trip.

If anybody has special requests while I'm over here, it's time to let me know. Thailand IS cheap, and I can pick up nice things or touristy stuff. Well, will talk to y'all later.

Ted

2 comments:

kathie said...

Theo, I spoke with mike after we talked and we will handle your request... yes buy me something, anything... lv u have, continue to enjoy your travels you crazy wild male conconquererrrrrrr... lv u kathie

bgreenard said...

Go on an elephant ride! Bring back some currency(small denomination) from the countries you visit for me please.
B