Friday, August 10, 2007

Just to show you how flexible I really am!

Well, now! Mike was ready to head back to take care of his business. I was going to have to take him back within the next few days anyway, but I still have 17 days till I HAVE to be back. Oh, and I wanted to stay over here and keep traveling. So, I stopped by the tickets and tours office to find out how much a ticket cost to Denver. Here's my payoff: I don't have to fly the 15 hours or so to California, then work on getting something to CSprings, then finding something to do with my vacation time. I decided to spring for the $700 ticket and keep going.

I brought him to Narita International Airport today, and that was some journey. Not just a little joyride into Tokyo--it is fully 3 hours from Yokota by fast (not bullet) train. I got back a little while ago, made a pitstop at my favorite curry place at the train station, and I'm not at the Yokota Rec Center loading this message.

I would tell you what I'm going to do next, but I don't even know that.

...and you wouldn't believe me anyway, given the track record!

Mike had a great time, as he let me know over and over again. I know it was his favorite trip we've ever taken--and we've taken many.

As for me, I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......!

Ted

2 comments:

davidoreen said...

Ted, so awesome! Keep going!
David

bgreenard said...

Where are the pictures Mr. I'm free???? Are you going to Korea???