Monday, August 13, 2007

Singapore is NOT like Japan! Much more easygoing

Yesteday afternoon, I found out about getting around Singapore by bus and metro train/subway. It is very easy and everything is in English. Singapore is warm and very muggy. It certainly doesn't seem as hot as Japan, but maybe that is because I expect it to be tropical down here. I went into the city and spent most of my time in Little India and Chinatown. Singapore has 76% Chinese, 20% Indian, and the rest. Little India was rather rundown while Chinatown was certainly bustling and far more vibrant. Unfortunately, I was full from my Indian meal. I'll need to head back to Chinatown because there are so many little food vendors selling everything that I MUST eat.

Tomorrow, I will try to get to Thailand. I won't go much into that until it actually happens. Loving my trip. Mike is back safely, as I knew he was anyway. I plan on being on the road for a couple more weeks--need to be back to Colorado by 27 Aug.

Ted

No comments: